Saturday, August 21, 2010

So drunk in the August sun.



I'm currently facing the last week of summer of my last year of undergrad. Normally in a situation like this that calls for celebration of youth, I would panic until my free time was gone completely and then feel relieved that I don't have to worry about how I'm going to accomplish a little leisure. I not knocking this M.O., but I'm going to try things a little differently this year and fill my final days as a drain on society the way God intended: with cold beer and rock n' roll.

Now, I'm the first to admit that I have limited beer horizons. Where I come from, it's Lone Star, PBR, or Shiner 90% of the time, with Shiner being the overwhelming preference of people whose company I enjoy and, conveniently, my taste buds.

In celebration of my comfort beer and relative freedom from responsibility, here's a mix inspired by Shiner, sweat-drenched cutoffs, and actions that would get you into trouble if anyone cared.

1) "Gold Soundz" - Pavement
2) "Bitch, I Love You" - Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears
3) "The Ballad of El Goodo" - Big Star
4) "Big Wave" - Jenny & Johnny
5) "When I'm With You" - Best Coast
6) "I'm in Trouble" - the Replacements
7) "Burning Airlines Give You So Much More" - Brian Eno
8) "Highway 61 Revisited" - Bob Dylan
9) "Car Jamming" - the Clash
10) "Nothing's Going On" - Dinosaur Jr.
11) "Bright Lit Blue Skies" - Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
12) "Born to Run" - Bruce Springsteen

1 comment: